Sunday, April 5, 2009

Salad Sunday

What is a Salad Sunday? Well it has been that kind of week. There are so many different things going on in the noggin' of mine that I decided to just let them out.

We had snow this afternoon and since I love walking in the snow I wrapped up and out I went. The snowflakes began as miniature ping pong balls, but by the end of the walk they were tapering off and I felt like I was walking in a snow globe and the large flakes settled on my coat and the ground. It was quiet and you could hear yourself think. I must say I enjoyed that. For earlier today I had met with a friend at a tea house and it was so busy and noisy I left with a headache. Still is was a great afternoon for the screenplay I have been helping her edit was finished. Now we will do a final edit and see what happens.

I have started teaching again, (acting, etc) and if feels like I have come home. Private students are a great deal of fun, but group classes have a dynamic all their own. The joy of watching the light bulbs go on is a feeling, that to me cannot be duplicated. Then to see each one have the confidence to follow their dream. Well, that's why I do it.

Now it is time to finish up the newsletter draft and get it sent off and do some editing on my short story and novel. I think I can fit that in between loads of laundry or should I say I will fit the laundry in between my writing.

The creative part of me decries my having to do mundane work, and yet it is the mundane work that allows my mind to rest and develop my creative side. Well, whichever way I guess it is back to work.

To finish I will let you know a recipe secret, especially for those of you who cannot eat wheat. I cooked a turkey breast today and to the broth I have added some rice, spices (to taste) and broccoli, cooked it up and then put it in the blender to create a cream soup. To this I will add some cheese of choice and turkey and there you have a great, filling soup.

No comments: