Sunday, May 17, 2009

Cheyenne Again


This past week I was on the road again to Cheyenne for another murder mystery with Red Herring Productions. This time we were at Little America for the Wyoming Truckers Assoc. Since I was the 'victim' I had some time to wander around before the end of the mystery. The picture to the right was taken outside the hotel. While out there I met one of the attendees of the event. She was telling me of her son, in the Midwest, who was attending school and taking an impov class. She felt he would enjoy doing what we were doing. At the end of her conversation she gave me a hug, then told me," Well I need to get back in there and find out who killed you ass." I immediately fell in love with her. She was just who she was and so real. I know I will remember her and she may end up in one of my stories or books.
That is the joy of doing some of the things I do. I get to meet so many wonderful and interesting people. Later I found that a relative of a friend here in town used to own the land and part of Little America. The older I get the more I find that the world is really not that large and people are not that different. Much like the picture, we see only a portion of what is really there.
For those who are following, I will be doing a series on the books that impacted me over the years. I hope you will enjoy and think of your own list of books.
For those who would like to read more about writing and history check out: http://www.joyce4books.wordpress.com

No comments: