Wednesday, January 17, 2018

#BlogaBookScene: "Gunvar's Gift"


I wanted to share a short scene from the recent "One Yuletide Knight", published by Prairie Rose Publications.



It is part of the 'Baby It's Cold Outside' #blogabookscene. In the story "Gunvar's Gift", my offering to this anthology, my hero has been betrayed and is now trying to find his nemesis. He is approached by two men, one he knows:

Excerpt:

       Out of the darkness and snow, Gerold watched the two men making their way toward him. He braced himself for battle, calling out, “Halt, come no further.”
The two stopped, and then Gerold heard laughter as one called out, “Is that anyway to greet an old friend?”
“I have no friends.”
“Come, come, don’t you recognize me?”
“Of course I do, Marcus, but...”
“I am your friend. We’ve been hunting you,” Marcus said as he moved forward.
“Yes, I know. I know you have been hunting me, but you won’t take me,” Gerold replied as he prepared to strike. “That is far enough and don’t try to keep me busy while your partner gets behind me.”
“Gerold, we are not going to take you, or harm you. We want to help you,” Marcus responded, stopping his forward movement. “The other man is Peder.”

“So, you’ve teamed with the enemy. Am I that valuable?”

You can find more great stories here: One Yuletide Knight

For more great scenes follow Twitter and the hashtags: #blogabookscene, #PrairieRosePub, #MedievalRomance, and #WesternRomance

February’s Blog-a-Book-Scene theme: All You Need is Love

See you in February! Until then Happy Reading


Angela Raines


Angela Raines - author: Where Love & History Meet


For a list of Angela Raines Books: Here  
Angela Raines FaceBook: Click Here

Angela Raines is the pen name for Doris McCraw, author, historian specializing in Colorado and Women's History.

No comments: